These are the Gran Canaria Storm Safety recommendations as advised by the Canarian Government. Please take note of these in preparation for any storms approaching the Canary Islands.
- Do not leave the house unless necessary.
- Remove all objects that could fall from your house, such as hanging baskets, plantpots, things on your balconies or roof.
- Take extreme precaution on the roads.
- If you are walking down the street, stay away from billboards, scaffolding, trees, cranes, walls.
- Stay away from coasts, piers, jetties or the beach.
- At home close all doors and windows, make sure to check canopies and antennas.
- Stay informed, by watching TV or listening to the radio.
- Call 1-1-2 only in an emergency. If you need any information, please use the 012 and not 1-1-2.